PDA

View Full Version : Power Outage

12/23/2006, 07:15 AM
So did everyone make it out okay? Everything is normal here...power went out at midnight and came back on at 7am. So far so good.

Finland
12/23/2006, 08:22 AM
The power out in the Ringle area kicked out a half dozen times through out the night, but only for a second or 2. One of my Seios would have to be manually restarted, but no problems with anything else.

sarduci
12/23/2006, 08:52 AM
Power is out, and will be out for a long time. If anyone has a ups or something that is charged that I can use instead of soda bottles full of hot water, it would be appreciated. I have a battery operated air pump that's good for 18 hours of use. Tank water is at 64 right now.....

Small UPS's won't work for long. Running a heater for 15 minutes or not running it at all, I'll take the 15 minutes.

I'll be on and off of here all day trying to figure out something that will work. I'm thinking about buying a 24v marine battery and a converter, but the battery isn't going to be charged and in 5 or 6 hours I'm guessing the water temp is going to dip to around 50.

No fish in the tank, that's about the only good thing.

sarduci
12/23/2006, 08:57 AM
Oh yeah, and from my understanding, about 10k people in the Wausau area are without power. Extremely frustrating when only your block in a 1 miles radius it the only one without power, so you are a low priority.

12/23/2006, 11:39 AM
Mine went out again for another hour but is back on....tank only got down to 74 without power for 8 hours....180 gallons must hold the temp better. Good luck sarduci.....don't know what to tell you....I thought of going to get a generator at about 6 this morning.

sidd129
12/23/2006, 02:23 PM
sarduci, have you ever thought about plugging your converter in to a vehicle for a little bit just to heat it back up.

sarduci
12/23/2006, 03:39 PM
I'll need to find a long enough cord to run down stairs and on the other side of the house. Heater and pump should only be like 3 amps, 5 max if I up the heater to 400w, so 100' heavy duty 15 amp cord should do the trick.

Thanks for the idea!