PDA

View Full Version : help

mgs
12/26/2006, 01:00 PM
Is it safe to feed a BTA oysters? I just feed mine and it closed around the piece, puffed up, then deflated too 1/3 normal size? Help.

zoomfish1
12/26/2006, 03:59 PM
Preferred cuisine for the BTA would be silversides and raw shrimp. Size of the pieces fed would depend on the size of the nem. Small nem = small food, etc..

In answer to your question, don't kow for sure, but I don't think it will hurt the BTA. What will, however, is putting an anemone in a tank not seasoned for 6-8 months. Water parameters are just not stable enough for them to survive. If I have mispoke about your tank, forgive me. It's just that sooo many people don't do the necessary research before adding creatures they don't know enough about.

I hope yours survives without problems, but probably won't in an unseasoned system.

An excellent research tool for the clownfish/anemone is Joyce Wilersons's book "Clownfishes". Excellent reference material if your interested in Clowns and nems and a very easy read.

Good luck and remember in reefing patience is the master of a successful reef system.

mgs
12/27/2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks Zoom My tank is about 3 years old. I just got some krill which i am about to feed. So far I can't find any silversides.