PDA

View Full Version : GARF Grunge

bronxer
12/26/2006, 08:09 PM
I was checking out Garf.org and they mentioned Garf Grunge.

Has anyone tried it? Is it as good as the website says?

Smitty750
12/26/2006, 08:17 PM
Ive used many of theyre products and when you buy stuff from them they will usually throw a bag into youre order. The bag consists of coralline algae, small starfish seeded live sand and many other organisms and sometimes hitchhikers. I did notice my coralline growth had a spurt and my levels evened out a little. Its not magic in a bag but it does work well. I love these guys and when my 125 is setup will be placing many orders with them. 5 coral frags for $100 and get 2 free sounds good to me. Ask for Lionel when you call there everyone is really cool and they know what they are talking about.

casingbill
12/26/2006, 08:20 PM
that looks like some cool stuff...the grunge plus

bertoni
12/26/2006, 08:52 PM
The Garf Grunge is very coarse and doesn't contain much in the way of animals, according to one careful review. I wouldn't bother with it, personally. I have bought kits from IPSF.com and InlandAquatics.com that I think are a better deal.

bronxer
12/27/2006, 02:48 AM
Thanks for your input.

mchap
12/27/2006, 10:34 AM
I bought some recently. I added it on top of the crushed coral that that jerk at the LFS store recomended before I found Reefcentral. It is coarse, very colorful. There have been some small stars, worms etc that I have seen. My tank is pretty new and the Grunge seemed to stabilize my Alkilinity, it doesn't fall as much each day now. My coraline algae started growing on the glass about a week after adding it. I am not sure if it helped that or if that would have started anyways. I like the color, seems to have helped.

newsalt1
12/27/2006, 11:48 AM
I bought some grunge plus several years ago, it was coarse colored gravel. there were 4 or 5 small brittle stars a purple leather looking thing ( I still don't know what it is ) and some other things that I could not at the time identify.
I played a game with my wife counting the starfish legs sticking out of the holes in the corals. 5 5 5 then 6 oh wow 7 after several months we could not count them all. The purple thing has grown to the point that I now frag it fairly regular. The starfish are so numerous in my tank and fuge that when I give away cheato there are so many worms, starfish and pods in it that one guy said he was afraid to touch it. Yes when I first got it I was sorely disappointed and thought what a waste of money...........boy was I wrong good stuff, it really stuck out on top of my pure white south down but did everything it was supposed to do and more.