PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Max Anyone

Jingles
12/27/2006, 07:22 AM
Has anyone seen the Red Sea Max up and running yet?

Any thoughts???

ENraged
12/27/2006, 11:44 AM
expensive thats about the only thing I think of when I hear about it. But no i have not seen it set up yet.

jmcmahon66
12/27/2006, 01:30 PM
I really am debating whether the Red Sea Max is expensive or not. If you took a 29g Aquapod modded with a comperable lighting upgrade it would cost about $525. Add a Sapphire skimmer for $80+, and you are at the price of the Red Sea unit. I have yet to see a Red Sea unit in person, but really am anxious to see one. I do like the waterproof switches and single power cord as well.

MegaYacht
12/27/2006, 05:47 PM
We have been thinking about the Red Sea Max as well, yes it seems to be expensive but then again you do seem to get a great deal of quality equipment for the money. We now have a JBJ 24g AquaPod and while it is ok we do need a skimmer and additional filtration plus the extra gallons would be nice and the lighting is better.

Like other here we would like to heard and see some photo's about how the system works before purchasing one.

MegaYacht

jcwedit
12/28/2006, 04:08 PM
I took the plunge and ordered one from Dr.Fosters & Smith. Its on back order until Mid-January, but once i have it up i will post pictures.

cabowabo
12/28/2006, 06:00 PM
Hey everyone,

I really like the system as well, but am unsure about the quality of the skimmer.I just called red sea and they said the skimmer can be taken out and replaced with another if desired. I really like the Tunze nano skimmer. I think msrp is ~139.00. Not that I want to add to the already hefty price of the Max, but Tunze makes great skimmers.Check out the nano on their web site.
With a skimmer upgrade the Max would be an absolutley killer system. I have been tankless for a few years due to a relocation but looking forward to getting back.

jmcmahon66
12/29/2006, 07:59 AM
I've tried to research this tank for some time. I have heard different availability dates from different vendors, some saying summer or fall of 2007. I really wonder what is causing the delay. There seems to be a market for the product. I have had an easier time getting a PS3 or Wii than finding info on the Max.