PDA

View Full Version : LTA acclimation to halides

KyleP
12/27/2006, 09:32 AM
I have had my LTA for about a week now and he is fairly bleached. He has turned to a translucent green color with white tips. Base is solid orange. The reason I think he is having problems with the light is due to the fact that he shrinks in size considerably when the halides are on, but is full size and healthy looking when they are off. He has taken two half pieces of silversides so far. How long does this acclimation to light usually take? Oh, by the way there are 2 250 watt halides, 20k. He is moving around the tank slightly. Maybe a couple of inches per night. Thanks for any input.

KyleP
12/27/2006, 03:50 PM
Any opinions? Doesn't even have to be a good opinion....lol.

Buster661
12/27/2006, 04:47 PM
LTA's do not require alot of light so it is most likly adapting to your current lighting. I have 3 LTA's in my tank with three 175W MH's. All three of the LTA's hang out directly under the lights. When they have enough they just retract.

Try reducing the amount of time your MH's are on to let them it adapt to the new enviroment. This is a good idea anytime you add anything new.

Just my .02. Hope it helps.

Cheers..:bum:

Nimmie
12/27/2006, 09:48 PM
Also, try moving the halides up a little bit for a while, or moving the LTA farther down in the tank, until it has had a chance to get used to the lighting.

ChunksInClemson
12/28/2006, 01:40 AM
I wouldn't move the anemone, it'll go where it wants and moving it around yourself might stress it more.

cb617
12/30/2006, 12:03 AM
my lta seem to like the Halides. I just got it and it anchored right under the light. Mine are 175s though