PDA

View Full Version : Not happy!!!!......at least not yet

casingbill
12/27/2006, 07:52 PM
I ordered 2 tank bred true percs and 4 snails from LA 2 days ago. I arranged for my mother to be home according the their holiday shipping schedule because its cold outside and I wanted someone to bring the boxes inside. I get my shipping email tonight and notice only a partial shipment. Call customer service....they're out of stock on the percs!! I just paid $42 for 4 snails!!! They hold the order open for 2 weeks and will ship with no additional shipping charges, but if they dont have them in 2 weeks, I'm screwed. Plus I will only get an email the night before if they ship. Now they will ship to my mothers house whether she is there or not. How retarded is that?????

salty3
12/27/2006, 07:56 PM
Were did you order form? Thats alot of money for snails, adn that dose sound retarded.

casingbill
12/27/2006, 07:59 PM
I ordered 2 fish and 4 snails from Liveaquaria but they were out of fish so they overnighted me 4 snails!!!

salty3
12/27/2006, 08:02 PM
Why didnt you just buy from your lfs?

casingbill
12/27/2006, 08:05 PM
because my lfs is 45 min away and doesn't guarantee anything. several snails i bought from them have died. they are nice people there but not as knowledgeable as one would expect either.

salty3
12/27/2006, 08:08 PM
Oh. I thought about buying livestock from them but s/h is alot even spread out on many animals. Well good luck with them, drs. Foster and Smith seem like a very good place to buy from.

dfs/la2
12/27/2006, 08:29 PM
Casingbill,

Thank you for your posts. While we do attempt to ship out all available specimens in the same order, there are times, including this one, when an item runs out of stock. When this occurs, we ship out what we can, and place the remaining items on back order. Given the situation, we would like to address this manner through a private message so that we may keep your order information confidential.

Nate M.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

casingbill
12/27/2006, 08:39 PM
pm sent

aquaticvet1
12/27/2006, 08:47 PM
Casingbill,
Thank you for your post. I can assure you that we always take care of all of our customers. You will never spend a penny more than you think. We will find you the fish or give all of your money back including the shipping for that item.
Please get in touch with our LiveAquaria.com contact center and they will do whatever you wish--- I promise.
I am sorry that we disappointed you but we will make things right.

Race Foster, D.V.M. DrsFosterSmith.com

casingbill
12/27/2006, 08:51 PM
thx...i'm not looking to get anything for free. I just can't justify spending so much on 4 snails. As long as the fish ship within the 2 weeks it will be ok.

aquaticvet1
12/27/2006, 08:57 PM
I understand. We will find the fish or give your money back. I really appreciate you choosing us as your livestock source and we will not let you down. Not now--not ever.

Thank you again----------Race

casingbill
12/27/2006, 09:35 PM
Thankyou both for the help.

MimicTang
12/29/2006, 07:37 PM
So what did they do for you casingbill?

casingbill
12/29/2006, 07:51 PM
At this point, they said the fish should be available by the 8th and will ship out with no shipping charges. If not, they will refund the shipping charges. I'm satisfied at this point, as long as things happen as they say. Which it seems it will. I will also note that they did give me some extra snails, so it wasn't $40+ for 4 it was for 6...lol

Hendersonracing
12/29/2006, 10:35 PM
they will do exactly what they say I promise...I have ordered alot from them...best customer service.

lawrenceparrish
12/30/2006, 07:03 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8838459#post8838459 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquaticvet1
I understand. We will find the fish or give your money back. I really appreciate you choosing us as your livestock source and we will not let you down. Not now--not ever.

Thank you again----------Race

-2 different times i ordered fish from Live Aq.--first order snails arrived ok along with one fish alive and one fish dead upon arrival and one was backordered--they did credit my cc for the fish and shipped the backordered one in about a week but it arrived dead also. made a second order of one fish-large shipping fee- again fish was dead(bag stunk aweful). guess thats the risk we take when ordering online. at least they refunded my fish cost.

dfs/la2
12/30/2006, 08:20 AM
Lawrenceparrish,

Thank you for your post. Please PM us with your account information, as we would like to make sure you have received the correct compensation and we would be happy to make any adjustments.

Happy Holidays,

Michelle H.
Drs. Foster and Smith, Inc.
LiveAquaria

Hendersonracing
12/30/2006, 09:27 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8854882#post8854882 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dfs/la2
Lawrenceparrish,

Thank you for your post. Please PM us with your account information, as we would like to make sure you have received the correct compensation and we would be happy to make any adjustments.

Happy Holidays,

Michelle H.
LiveAquaria

thats what I mean!!!

casingbill
12/30/2006, 10:03 AM
I am wondering though....it seemed as though the heatpack wasn't working at all. Its cold out now too. I dont want dead fish to show up when they ship.

vijaym85
12/30/2006, 10:18 AM
I had that same problem with lack of sufficent heat. I live in Ny and I was there to sign for delivery but despite that The water seemed very cold to the touch!I think more heat packs are needed.

casingbill
12/30/2006, 10:32 AM
yeah, i arranged for my mother to sign and bring the box inside, but by the time I got home it was very cold. It also looks like 2 snails won't make it at this point. They were slow moving when they came out.

dfs/la2
12/30/2006, 11:04 AM
casingbill and vijaym85,

Thank you for your posts. We also are concerned with the shipping of fish at this time of year with the cold weather. We do our best to make sure your order arrives alive and healthy. The heat packs are not meant to keep the water temperatures at a specific degree. They are used to help the specimens adjust to changing temperatures slowly. The heat packs will remain warm throughout the night while the weather is at it’s coldest. Our shipping facility determines how many heat packs to include by the size of the box that is used for the order.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year.

Michelle H.
LiveAquaria

jiggster1974
12/30/2006, 01:32 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8854882#post8854882 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dfs/la2
Lawrenceparrish,

Happy Holidays,

Michelle H.
LiveAquaria

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8855128#post8855128 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hendersonracing
thats what I mean!!

The best service in the industry as far as I'm concerned. I order from them all the time. These people actually LIKE what they do and they do it very well! Oh.. BTW... Divers Den is friggin awesome! Keep up the great work DR. F/S.

MimicTang
12/30/2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah they treat us good. =) I think they should start a monthly raffle/freebie contest too =)

My local LFS have killed more of my fish via communicable disease then LA has.

I had a Mated pair of fish once and one didnt make it. They credited me EVERYTHING back. Was like $300 bucks.

Great customer service!! It earned them about 3k is following orders. I think they made out well.

Eardison
12/30/2006, 09:17 PM
Well, this post has made me confortable with buying from them. I've always been apprehensive. I guess it's time to actually purchase from thier site instead of using it as reference material.. heh..

MimicTang
12/30/2006, 10:32 PM
Or you could hold off longer and save more fish for me and others =)

dcombs44
01/02/2007, 03:34 PM
I just wanted to add my $.02. I've heard of some people stating that their fish are arriving dead from LA. Let's consider that we're approaching the dead of winter. I would say if you want a better survival rate to order in spring or fall.

Also, to the defense of LiveAquaria, they seem to have credited every account for a dead arrival, and worked diligently to please all customers. My first ever order online was from LA, and all specimens arrived alive, and remain that way today. Thanks for your hard work.

MimicTang
01/02/2007, 03:35 PM
i ordered like 15 items from them and 1 shrimp was doa and 1 fish was doa. Everyone else did fine.

dfs/la2
01/02/2007, 03:56 PM
MimicTang,

Thank you for your post. If you have not yet contacted us to receive compensation for the shrimp and fish please feel free to contact us. You can choose to email us at customerservice@liveaquaria.com, PM or call our LiveAquaria Department at 1-800-334-3699. We will be happy to take care of any concerns you may have.

Have a great day.

Michelle H.
LiveAquaria

casingbill
01/02/2007, 07:47 PM
I am still waiting but they said I should have them by the 8th. So far they have been more than helpful.

casingbill
01/04/2007, 05:24 PM
i got em today.....but it looks like one is doa....the bag is dark and the room is dark at the moment but he didn't look like he is moving.

casingbill
01/04/2007, 05:40 PM
I've got one DOA.....I will call service

casingbill
01/04/2007, 05:55 PM
I was told to acclimate him anyway, just in case he is in shock. He sure looks dead.

dfs/la2
01/04/2007, 05:58 PM
castingbill,

Thank you for your post and your efforts in acclimating. We are sorry to hear the item did not survive. Please contact us via 1-800-334-3499 or by PM with your order information and we would be happy to assist you further.

Cassie Z.
Drs. Foster and Smith
LiveAquaria

casingbill
01/04/2007, 06:00 PM
I will call once I finish acclimating them both to see if anything changes. Thanks.

casingbill
01/04/2007, 06:39 PM
Edited.....they are out of stock again. I was issued credit on the deceased plus shipping. I will try it again another time.:)

taylor t
01/27/2007, 10:21 PM
for what it's worth, I've ordered 2 shipments of L.R. and 4-5 shipments of fish from them. I've had 2 items arive DOA and LA was quick to reimburse me. i would definately recommend ordering from them. everything else is doing great(one year later). Thanks F&S.

grandp10
02/11/2007, 09:49 PM
I have ordered fish from them 4 or 5 times. I only had one instance where the order was not that great. I ordered true perculas that had been on backorder for about two weeks, and they finally shipped me some that looked kind of weird one was missing a stripe and one had a kind of misshappen mouth area, like they were the tank raised kind. They looked exactly like the picture for the tank raised. The other fish orders I placed through them were phenominally great specimens. They looked better than any fish of their kind I could find locally, and at a great price even with the shipping cost. I ordered a coral from there that was equally as impressive. These guys do have great service and awesome livestock!