PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Noisy overflow to sump and large bubbles!?!?!

MarineGirl411
12/28/2006, 03:10 AM
Hi everyone, I have an external durso standpipe that I have hooked onto my BH coming from my overflow. Hope that makes sense. Anyway, the drain going into my sump is sooo loud. It also makes tons of large and small bubbles. Then all of a sudden a loud gushing sound with a huge bubble. This is very noisy. My boyfriend has been working on trying to get it quiet. Nothing has worked yet. We've tried an upside down T and a couple of other pvc ideas. Such as making holes through the pvc pipe going into the sump and letting it drain that way. Well, nothing has been working. There is also a loud sucking noise coming from the overflow. Any ideas? Can anyone help? Here's a picture of the hot tub!!!!!http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/GinaM411/MVC-085S.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/GinaM411/MVC-089S-1.jpg

Also tried that. Any ideas? =(

lvpd186
12/28/2006, 05:08 AM
Can you show a pic of the durso? It sounds like the over flow is trying to create a syphon and when it breaks you get the sudden flow of water mixed with air (this can happen pretty easy since you have your overflow ending under water). You could try to make the air hole on the durso larger, this would prevent a syphon from even starting. On a side note is that your return pump in the pic? I'm not sure of your sump layout, but if it is your return pump you may want to move it to another chamber of the sump. Hope this helps. :rollface:

Stoney Mahony
12/28/2006, 06:06 AM
I had lots of bubbles in my sump from my overflow. I added a mesh bag filter and it pretty much kills the bubbles. I clean it 2x a week and it works good. Hope that helps!

medic29
12/28/2006, 07:50 AM
As well as increasing the size of the hole in the durso, try adding a filter sock in the sump and that should help some.

MarineGirl411
12/28/2006, 02:03 PM
HI everyone. I wasn't feeling good yesterday, so today I figured it out. No, that's not my return pump. That is my skimmer pump for the remora pro. All I had to do was dial back the return pump. It took care of the large bubbles and small bubbles. I don't know why, but hey it worked. Barely any noise and no bubbles. =) thank you all.