PDA

View Full Version : LTA & MaroonGoldBar

SaltyNovice
12/28/2006, 03:28 PM
I've had my clown now for about 6 months. Yesterday I bought a LTA (that's what I was told) from what I can find it is a LTA or corkscrew. It seems healthy. It spent about 24 hours floaing around. It finally found a spot this morning and anchored. My Maroon has had nothing to do with it until it anchored. Now the clown seems to be beating the living daylights out of the LTA. What is going on? Do I need to return the LTA? Will the clown kill the LTA? Need some help and advice please - thanks in advance. :rolleyes: :D

TOURKID
12/28/2006, 03:47 PM
how big is the nem compared to the maroon? maroons have a tendincy to love nems to death. If the nem can make it thru a week or two of battering, it should be fine. my maroon calmed down after a week, and is now extreamely gentle with her nem. but they get really excited at first.

as a rule of thumb the nem should be 304 times bigger than the fish.

If you start to get nervous, cover the nem with a strawberry basket to let it recover, or seperate them somehow. If its large enough it should be able to take the beating alright

davocean
12/28/2006, 08:29 PM
Exactly as Tourkid said.
There's pics of my LTA in my gallery(not my avatar, that's a sebae)
if you want to make sure that's what you got.

SaltyNovice
12/28/2006, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the info guys. That makes me feel a little better. My maroon is still ramming the anemone pretty good, but the anemone doesn't seem to be any the worse for it. As for size, the anemone with his foot and all might be 3 or 4 times bigger. He gets bigger and smaller during the day, but this is just the first full 30 hours or so now. I'll keep a watch on his color and his shape. He still is in the same spot since the beatings began. Who knows maybe he likes it? The clown would go into the anemone's mouth area and come out spitting some red stuff out and all the other tank mates came a running and fought over the red messy slimmy stuff. I'll watch for a day or two and see what happens. Thanks again - this site really helps. ;)

SaltyNovice
12/29/2006, 08:01 AM
OK, here is an update - the clown managed to move the entire anemone to the back of the tank behind my rock. He is not now "beating it up" anymore. From what I can tell (see) the anemone looks OK - color hasn't changed and it appears to be waving in the "breeze". I guess I will leave him alone for a while and let him rest, but I sure don't want him to "settle in" in the back of the tank. What do you guys think I should do now? I guess I could move him latter and cover him up with the "strawberry basket" if I can find one. Strawberries are not around this time of year around here! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your understanding, it's amazing how stressed we get over our tanks when we start to deal with "new" things in there!! :eek1: