PDA

View Full Version : aquamedic skimers multi

j tavares
12/28/2006, 11:46 PM
heard good things about tuboflotors multi 100 would you please weigh in with opinions I trust german made products and am thinking of using two multis in sump arrangement not really happy with my asm G 3 skimmer and dont really want a euroreef if I cannot get with an eheim without breaking the bank !

jiggly75
12/29/2006, 12:04 AM
I've had the turbofloater and the G-3. They are both good skimmers but, the ASM G-3 pulls alot more skimmate out. Why are you unhappy with the G-3?

JC VT
12/29/2006, 12:16 AM
I'd only recommend the Turbo for something around 50 gallons or less.

j tavares
12/29/2006, 08:36 AM
I am unhappy with the performance and actually th e aqua medic pulls more in 24 hours without constant adjusting and the conical cup does a graet job of concentrating the foam and I disagree with the above comment about them being only good for 60 gal tanks I have seen them handle tanks up to 250 and the tanks would rival any seen here on reef central and I believe we have become obsessed with so caled bigger and better skimmers but the aqua medics I have use the Original aqua bee pumps and perform very well also I Have tested lots of skimmers and the aqua medic seems to meet my needs and I have 24 yrs experience with Reef tanks, marine fish only and fresh water tanks. To each his own.

BryanJ
12/29/2006, 09:49 PM
How big is your tank? I have a turbofloater multi and a Euroreef I still love the performance of the turbofloater. If you have a large tank I would look at the aquamedic shorty.