PDA

View Full Version : wiring ballast for T5 retro

chilyb56
12/29/2006, 11:55 AM
Hi - I just got the 4x 24" bulb Tek retrofit to install in my canopy and I've got a quick question about how to wire the end-caps to the ballast (Universal). Based on the diagram on the ballast there appear to be two options - one option where two bulbs are wired in series and another one parallel. Is this correct? I was planning to wire the bulbs in series since that seems to be easier...

anyone have any experience doing this?

chilyb56
12/29/2006, 01:34 PM
ttt :bum:

sprite
12/29/2006, 04:33 PM
there should be a diagram of the wiring on your ballast?...triad ballast i know have it because thats what i have

chilyb56
01/02/2007, 10:13 AM
Ok it's what you see here: (first diagram, second page)

http://www.universalballast.com/literature/flyers/t5_elec_ballast_2k1.pdf

I'm confused because the instructions that came with the kit say only one wire goes into each endcap - from this diagram it looks like 2 wires would need to go into each endcap... what's the deal?

sprite
01/02/2007, 10:21 AM
2 wires go into each encap..hence you have 2 prongs comeing off each end of the bulb...mine is wired just like the diagram you posted...did you get water proof end caps with the standoffs? if so just strip the wire back 1/4" and shove the wires in the holes in the bottom of the end caps

chilyb56
01/02/2007, 10:45 AM
thanks... I guess I just couldn't figure out where exactly to stick the wires into the endcaps. I'll take another look at it tonight when I get home