PDA

View Full Version : host frogspawn?

PONCHDOG2000
12/29/2006, 04:59 PM
will my two clown fish host a frogspawn? also, my little fish has been quivering when the bigger attacks it. i have been told and read that they are figuring out their sexes. how long until they will be sexually mature and this behavior will stop? -thanks

Rockitmakr
12/29/2006, 05:06 PM
My clowns have hung out with the frogspawn for a while only to go back to the hairy green mushrooms. Clowns are funny, it might take them a year before they quit squabbling.
:beer:

slrademacher
12/29/2006, 11:37 PM
My two ocellaris host in my frogspawn and took to it within a week of moving into the display from QT. I'd say the female charged the male periodically for a week or so but the male had been doing the quiver in QT so they've settled in together pretty quickly I think. The female seems to hangout in the frogspawn more than the male. The male will hang out just outside the frogspawn most of the time with an occasional quiver when the female comes out. The female will go off and wander the tank a little before returning to the frogspawn. The male doesn't wander as much unless the female lingers somewhere else and they he will swim over to be close to her and then follow her back.