PDA

View Full Version : sick fish?

edwing206
12/29/2006, 10:19 PM
I know this is supposed to go int the disease forum but, there was only like 4 people browsing it so i didn't think it would get any response so i hope it is ok to keep it here.
ok now for the problem,i bought a purple psuedochromis on sunday. it has been eating well and swimming fine , but this morning i noticed the on his side it looks like he is injured. it looks like some of his scales have fallen of of have been damaged. my water parameters are fine and none of the other fish bother him. i would post a pic but since the area where he is injured is pink and the fish is purple my 2 megapixel camera will not pick it up. can someone please help? thanks

edwing206
12/29/2006, 10:20 PM
oh an i also forgot to mention that it looks like he has some white stuff on him around the injured area, this may be nothing but then again it cold help figuring out what is wrong with him.

reefD
12/29/2006, 11:07 PM
u just purchased the fish and it has been placed in your tank with a desease. remove him and qt him for now. the fish was already infected and not been effected by your tank. remopve it asap. if its not poissible then keep fingers crossed and hope for improvment. you dont mention much about your tank but i figuire its a reef and you cant treat it. try to keep the fish eating and keep water quality high.

reefD
12/29/2006, 11:13 PM
QT the fish for treatment if in a reef. if not use a med asap. i would try antifungal but am skeptical of a viral infection which is complicated

edwing206
12/30/2006, 12:04 AM
ok thanks. it is a reef so i cant dose meds. i would qt him but i use my uncles tank for that and he is on vacation in Mexico with family. if he is eating a i keep my water quality high what are the chances that he will improve? thanks david

reefD
12/30/2006, 12:51 AM
50/50 chances. just feed your tank less and keep salinity stable(top off diligently) . also check and prevent late night ph swings. if he/she is eating ,feed food high in vitamin c ( most vegatarian foods are good for this as is formula 2 pellets. things have to improve asap. if not then it doomed. improvments and or no bad results daily are needed. nbothing should get worste or else things are less likly to be resolved. do what you can as if its gonna die it will regardless of what you do. new additions are commonly expired this way ( acclamation/ desease from distrubuter issues). good luck.

reefD
12/30/2006, 12:52 AM
the chances of survival will be dictated by every day improvments. if things are getting worste than survival is poor. if rapid tissue effect stops , stays the same, or improves your fish has a greater chance for survival.

edwing206
12/30/2006, 01:10 PM
Ok, I will make sure that the params are in check and keep my S.G stable. I don't feed my fish a lot so that shouldn't be a problem. thanks again David