PDA

View Full Version : majano relief other than kalk?

djunkman
01/01/2007, 10:28 AM
My question is how to rid the majano's that are in an area that is not accessable to use the kalk method. Will peppermint shrimp eat them? Another animal or fish eat them?

Has anyone explored what environment is ideal for their reproduction to counter act the pest? DKH, Phosphate? Will ozone have an effect on them?

djunkman
01/01/2007, 10:35 AM
sorry for the triplication of the post... can someone explain how or help to remove the other two posts?

Anemone
01/01/2007, 12:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8870345#post8870345 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by djunkman
sorry for the triplication of the post... can someone explain how or help to remove the other two posts?

Done. :)

Kevin

gasman059
01/01/2007, 12:36 PM
Two words JOES JUICE LOL
pep shrimp can do it to but its hit or miss

djunkman
01/01/2007, 04:09 PM
Yep, Joes Juice works also, what I mean by "areas not accessible" are the areas that would require you to disassemble the reef to get to them or are not accessible by hand and syringe?

Any other possibilities besides peppermints? Something that will not dessimate my soft or stony corals? Does anyone have some in depth info on Copperband Butterflies and experiences with housing them in a reef tank? Or other possibilities?

seaduck
01/02/2007, 05:03 PM
bump will butterflies control majanos???

aurora
01/11/2007, 12:34 AM
Junkman...I really sympathize with you. I have a 300g tank that is full of SPS and have been slowly losing my battle with majanos over the past 3 years. I was able to control them initially with kalk injection and physically removing the rocks to remove them but there are always part of the reef that I can't get to and they come right back. I recently bite the bullet and bought a raccoon butterfly. He eats them but I live in fear that I'll lose 1-2 of my prized LPS. My clam and lps don't open as big as they used to and I'm sure he's the culprit.