PDA

View Full Version : Advice from any Wisconsin residents...

Slakker
01/01/2007, 04:59 PM
I wasn't really sure where to put this thread, but I figured this wasn't a bad place for it.

Basically I just want to know if any Wisconsin residents can give me perhaps names/addresses of some good LFS's. I've been to a few in the Madison area that I'd be comfortable dealing with, and another in Milwaukee.

I'm in southeastern Wisco, so anything within an hour or so of Madison would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

sarduci
01/01/2007, 06:06 PM
Take a drive up north to Rhinelander to Foster and Smith. Other than that try posting in the MARS forum on here or at their web site.

sarduci
01/01/2007, 06:13 PM
Oh, and the CWRS forum on here if you want. That's central, i think the Madison one would probably be better.

Boydx2
01/07/2007, 09:16 PM
Slakker, where are you located? Im in Lake Mills and have been to several both in Milwaukee and Madison, so maybe I can help a bit!

Pete1399
01/07/2007, 09:45 PM
You have probably been to all of the same LFS in madison as me then. Try Madison Area Reef Society, there link is in the forum jump below. MARS is a good place to get frags and other things. Come to the frag swap in Madison this January. Check the site for more details.

Pete1399
01/07/2007, 09:45 PM
You have probably been to all of the same LFS in madison as me then. Try Madison Area Reef Society, there link is in the forum jump below. MARS is a good place to get frags and other things. Come to the frag swap in Madison this January. Check the site for more details.

Slakker
01/11/2007, 06:21 PM
Boyd - I'm in Fort Atkinson. I've been to Aquatics Unlimited in milwaukee, The Aquarium Super Store and Living Art Aquarium in Madison.

ronkent
01/11/2007, 06:30 PM
Foster and Smith hasnt been very good lately. Usually its pretty good but a few of our club members have been up there a few times over the past few weeks and there really hasnt been much. They claim they have had some lost shipments. If i hear it has gotten better again i'll repost at that time. Typically it is one of the best stores in Wisconsin.

Slakker
01/11/2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah, one of the stores I was at had a pretty poor marine selection and said that it was due to increased holiday sales.

And you never know...with Wisconsin winters it's pretty possible to lose part or all of a shipment if a heater fails or something.

siding88
01/11/2007, 07:29 PM
u can goto aquatics unlimited, hoffers, those are in milwaukee off highway 100, theirs another one right down the street from aquatics, its a pet store, what i did was just use mapquest and use the directions from store to store its pretty easy, u can also just goto the places in chicago for a weekender lots of stores just do the same thing on mapquest,, one store i would for sure check out is sharkeys reef in grayslake well worth the trip probably 1 1/2 hours from u, we dont have much here in Rockford so those two cities are a split for me

danch
01/11/2007, 08:36 PM
Hoffer's is on 76th, just north of Good Hope. They have a lot of stuff, but the service (reportedly) depends on who you deal with, and I've never figured out who to talk to there.

The one north of Aquatics Unlimited is Pet World - their fish room is pretty good for a 'pet warehouse'. They do carry MAC certified fish in that store. They're just north of Oklahoma and Hwy 100. That and Aquatics are the places I like - I don't (usually) feel sorry for the livestock, and I get the feeling that the people working at both places at least care.

mwlude
01/11/2007, 09:57 PM
I live in Delavan Wi and I drive to SHO Tank in Mundline Il. I havnt found any else that I would rather go to I have been to alot of shops.