PDA

View Full Version : wavysea

crazyfish
01/02/2007, 07:37 PM
I am looking for feedback on the wavysea product. I am thinking of getting one and would like to know the goods and bads including what pumps are recommended. I have a brand new 75 gal that is not set up yet and am looking at my flow options. Thanks for any input.

powdertang05
01/02/2007, 10:07 PM
im looking into them also BUMP

Dakota Reef
01/03/2007, 02:36 AM
I've had one running on my 270 gallon cubish tank for a few weeks and have been very happy with it so far. I ordered it with the acrylic holder for my Stream 6080. Its done an excellent job at getting flow throughout the tank. I actually removed a Seio that I also had running in the tank because I didn't feel I needed it anymore.

The controller adjusts the arc of rotation and allows six different speeds of rotation. Even though my Tunze Stream isn't controllable, with the speed settings on the Wavyseas I can keep my corals happy without blowing my fine sandbed around too much.

If the power goes out the controller loses the settings you've input and stays stationary. I recall a thread where someone recommended an inexpensive UPS for it. I plan on researching that a bit more and may put both the wavyseas and the stream on a UPS just to be on the safe side.

The unit seems well built and was easy to install on my eurobraced tank. Hope it continues to run as well as it has so far.

SuperNerd
01/06/2007, 10:46 PM
bump

kodyboy
01/06/2007, 11:20 PM
I have one and love! I also have a seaswirl, which works fine, but the wavysea is much better!