PDA

View Full Version : Water Storage

ronert
01/05/2007, 12:26 PM
Anyone know a good place to get plastic drums/barrels for water storage?

- ted

reef 'n ale
01/05/2007, 02:39 PM
Hey Ted, I got mine from www.usplastics.com . They have pretty much everything...

Rob

kaptken
01/05/2007, 03:46 PM
I have a business card from THE BARREL GUY in North East, Maryland. I used to see him at the farmers market over here a couple times a summer. He runs a small ad in THE BARGAINEER advertiser/used stuff type magazine . but give him a call to see what he has on hand, or what you want. he can probably find something. good clean used barrels with lids. call at 410 658-4351. works out of his barn i believe. but call first. nice old guy.

wds21921
01/07/2007, 12:02 PM
Avoid the Rubbermaid blue containers at all costs.
While they will work if stationary (at least for a while), any movement of these without a wheeled cart will produce hairline fractures that are virtually untraceable.
I learned the hardway lol.

kaptken
01/07/2007, 03:57 PM
wds, your aren't refering to anything from the barrel guy? are you? you mean the regular storage tubs from walmart and places. true those are not meant for lifting or transporting heavy fluid load. and sag a lot when full.

Barrel guy usually has the big 50 gallon blue poly, or white poly food grade barrels with lids. industrial strength. meant for shipping fluids. and it sounds like other rectangluar heavy duty poly tubs that might make good sumps or shallow grow tanks. and large, 170-330 gallon water storage poly tanks. according tohis advertisement. I talked to him once last year, thinking of getting some. but never drove out there. I would like to see what other stuff he has.