PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI on well system

marc nichols
01/05/2007, 08:54 PM
I'm looking for recomendations/info on an ro/di system compatible with our well fed water system. Pressure is 32-50PSI and I'm concerned with high volumes of waste water given the large amount of AC needed to pump. Are there options that are more efficient than others? I assume I need a ro unit with a pressure pump.

Thanks

Bebo77
01/05/2007, 09:34 PM
[welcome]

you can use any rodi unit... do you know what the tds are in the well water now? and yes you will need a booster pump

asm481
01/05/2007, 09:42 PM
Give the filterguys.biz a call or e-mail. They just set me up for a well system as there are some concerns most city supplies don't run into. I just got my system from them and it is awesome. Any old RO/DI system will fail you very soon on a well.

namdrib2
01/06/2007, 04:37 AM
I am using an Ocean Reef Miser system from thefilterguys. It can do 150 GPD through two 75 GPD RO membranes. The waste from the first membarne is sent throught the second. This has reduced my waste water ratio from 3:1 to 1.3:1. I also have over 100 PSI at the inlet to the unit at lower pressure it may not be quite as efficient.

marc nichols
01/07/2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks guys. I'll follow up on those leads.

Please ignore my repost of the sasme message. I could not find the first and thought it had not posted. Sorry for that.

rickh
01/07/2007, 09:19 PM
I have a unit from Air-Water-Ice that has been running great on my well for about a year. It is supplied after the standard home water softener. I have cold (Michigan) low pressure water and it works fine without a booster pump. Try it before you spend hundreds on a pump. R

marc nichols
01/08/2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks Rick. I'll check that out too. The Ocean Reef Mizer + pump is pretty spendy, though it is clear it will do the job. However, if I can save some $$, that's more for illumination or other critter friendly toys.

Do you know how much waste water your system produces per gal of RO?

rickh
01/08/2007, 09:12 AM
Do you know how much waste water your system produces per gal of RO

I have never measured it. The one thing we have in Michigan is water. We put thousand of gallons a week on the lawn and garden--very sandy soil. Like trying to grow grass on the beach. R

RicGio
01/08/2007, 09:18 AM
I agree with RickH. Mines a barebones model and it's been running for over 4 years on the same membrane on 35-55# COLD well water with nary a hitch. Waste is a tad high though.
Try it before you buy a booster!