PDA

View Full Version : end all be all Red Sea Berlin Skimmer Answer

kweidner1
01/06/2007, 09:00 AM
First of all, I can't take credit for the complete answer. Thanks to the Reef Central Community, I experimented with different ideas and made an outdated inefficient protien skimmer work incredible. I searched every thread and came up with this definative solution. The bottom line is the Red Sea is inefficient due to the poor venturi design. Buy a turbo venturi made for the Kent skimmer and drive it with a mag drive 9.5. You will have to install a ball valve to throttle the pump back a bit. With these two things you can adjust the flow and air as much as you like. It will create 1000 times the dry foam that it did when you bought it new 5 years ago. Believe it or not you actually can move the collection cup after these modifications. I hope this will help anyone else who has sunk a couple hundred dollars into a skimmer that just doesn't do it for your tank. Try these three things. You will be glad you did.

1) Kent Turbo Venturi
2) Mag Drive 9.5
3) Ball Valve inline for 9.5
4) Success

Thank you for all that contributed to my original post. I will snap some pictures soon to show that skimmate. By the looks of it, it shan't be long. I had dry foam in less than a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kweidner1
01/06/2007, 11:52 AM
friendly bump

gman107
01/06/2007, 08:12 PM
do you have pictures? and can you post the original thread for this

Joshua1023
01/06/2007, 08:32 PM
Let's see those pics.

instrance
03/16/2007, 05:50 AM
pics

leslie hempel
03/16/2007, 09:12 AM
please eager to see the outcome of this as i own a red sea skimmer.