PDA

View Full Version : Hang-on fuge

Capt. Nemo
01/06/2007, 04:47 PM
Does anybody own the AquaFuge External hang-on refugium and how would you rate it? What are the pros and cons of hang on fuges vs. in-sump fuges. I was thinking about making a home made refugium that I would use in conjunction with my sump, but I'm not the DIY type and when I hear people mention drilling and silicone I begin to shudder at the potential disaster that I may create.

drummereef
01/06/2007, 04:54 PM
How big is your sump right now? Can you post a pic of it? You might be able to get away with a couple of baffles and throw a fuge in there.

Jeff
01/06/2007, 05:14 PM
I have the biggest on on the back of my 58 reef. I rate it a 10/10. For the money you get lots of room. I have had 10 mangroves and a bunch of chaeto in mine for around a year and my water parameters are great. I also have a lot of pods in it.

If you can, get it...

Capt. Nemo
01/06/2007, 05:22 PM
Its a 10 gal. sump and with a skimmer and sump, it doesnt leave much usable space for a fuge. There is baffle that comes immediately after the section of the sump where the water drains in from the tank and just before the compartment that houses the skimmer and return pump. As of now I have a bag of carbon in this baffle. I was thinking about putting the chaeto in this baffle along side of the carbon. Would this work or do I need a dedicated fuge for my chaeto? Thanks!

Capt. Nemo
01/06/2007, 05:30 PM
Engine, do you have the AquaFuge?

luke33
01/07/2007, 06:09 PM
Check out these cheap fuges at www.aquatraders.com you can't go wrong with a price that cheap and it comes with a skimmer which pry doesn't work but if it does, great.