PDA

View Full Version : couple-a over asked questions-but you WILL read them

scoobasteve
01/06/2007, 08:32 PM
1. I know everyone goes with a mj900 for pods and cubes, but will a 1200 fit in an Aquapod 12 gallon?
2. Do i NEED like, really need a fuge to do a few sps corals, or will feeding frozen or even live plankton do the trick, something like dt's or reefchili?
3. Could someone please explain to me once more the whole cassete tape skimmer mod.

I have had my pod running for some time now, and it is doin great, but i am thinking of upgrading to a MH fixture and doing some sps.

scoobasteve
01/06/2007, 08:43 PM
If anyone could help with these and suggest a way to pull more water into the 1st chamber from the surface of the tank please let me know. Right now i get great filtration, but it just seems like the overflow box doesn't truly "overflow" as in, cascade downard and onto the filter pad as it does in other true overflow boxes. If anyone knows how i can get this effect let me know. I tried blocking the bottom and mid intakes but it didnt help, the first chamber just filled up all the way to the top and stayed that way.
Last question,, if i snap one of those hydors onto the stock return outlet will that be effective enough by itself?

Illuminati
01/06/2007, 09:48 PM
Do you have an aquapod with the Metal Halide over it?

Cassette Mod-
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50900&hl=cassette+mod

I'd do the Maxijet 900 and then this:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=666027

scoobasteve
01/07/2007, 09:37 PM
No, my pod has 54w of PC. It hasn't been enough to keep an anenome so i assume it wouldn't be enough to do sps just yet. But i plan to upgrade to MH soon, so first i wanted to get everything else ready for sps and clams and other harder to keep corals that would rewuire the best possible filtration and flow i could squeeze out of my pod. I have jammed in a larger pump, but im not sure on the GPH, although its better than the stock, it still isn't that great and i have way to many dead spots. I want to do one of the maxijets but i want to be sure it will really move some water.

scoobasteve
01/07/2007, 09:46 PM
The cassette mode wouldn't do much i suppose cuz on the pods the teeth are already at the top of the overflow, where as on the Nano Cubes they are down a couple inches from the water surface. My main problem with the overflow on my pod is that it doesn't litterally "overflow". It just sort of eventually finds its way into the top of the first chamber instead of really being pulled in. People seem to be doing alot of mods to Nano Cubes, but i need to know how big a pump i can put into the 3rd chamber of a 12g pod.