PDA

View Full Version : Temp controller ?

brad23
01/07/2007, 10:20 AM
Can you use the finnex temp controller with any heater? Or do you have to buy theres?

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FI-HC-0810&Category_Code=Finnexheat

I didn't want to spend $120 on a temp controller if I didn't have to.

klasiksb
01/07/2007, 01:46 PM
Not familiar with the one your talking about, but I do have a Ranco Dual Stage Controller and has worked perfectly. Very good piece of equip. and is made for industrial applications. I have more faith in the Ranco than I would for any made specifically for the hobby. But that's just me.

With that said, it may be a fine controller and serve you well. I haven't heard anything good or bad about them.

scottfarcuz
01/07/2007, 02:26 PM
I would get a dual stage controller to run your fans also. Even if you don't need a fan/chiller daily it can be a good backup if the AC should happen to go out on a hot day.

I went through the same process. In the end it seemed like once I added up getting a dual stage temp controller, light timers, return pump feed switch, ph controller etc I was a lot better off buying an aquarium controller that also had the added luxury of turning my lights off during a high temp event.

brad23
01/07/2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks guys, does anyone know if you have to run the finnex heaters with these controllers or can I use any heater?