PDA

View Full Version : hqi help

mhummel
01/07/2007, 12:32 PM
I have a coralife 250W hqi /pc fixture. When the hqi came on this morning the bulb would begin to light then begin to flicker. I figured it to be the bulb since it is about a year old and the end looked a little burnt then normal (inside the bulb). So another trip to the LFS we went. I bought an XM 10k 250W buld and new actinics while I was at it. Came home and put them in. It's been about 15 min and the hqi buld is kind of on but is dim. The actinics are brighter then the hqi but the bulb no longer flickers.
Does the bulb take a little to break in or is this a ballast problem? Any suggestions are more then welcome.
mark

schneijt
01/07/2007, 12:39 PM
Sounds like there might be a connection between the bulb or the socket that isn't completely being made. If you're sure the bulb is in tightly and making good contact, then I'd look to the ballast.

Good luck,
Joe

mhummel
01/07/2007, 02:54 PM
Double checked the bulb and all is ok. Nothing in the ballast smells or looks burnt. I've been trying to get on their website. esuweb.com but to no avail. All connections are tight. It worked fine all day yesterday but would flicker on/off today?
Brand new bulb and is very dim so I would imagine this is a ballast problem. Anyone know of a good elec. 250W hqi ballast for a reasonable price?