PDA

View Full Version : Argh, jumping blenny :( help!

chrisstie
01/07/2007, 04:01 PM
Okay so I was going to go out last minute shopping for the new college semester.. I was slow getting out of the house and thank goodness! I was upstairs for maybe 15 minutes after looking at my tank. .. came back down and found my midas blenny on the floor :(:( (My tank has eggcrate covering every open area she must have gone straight up through it!)

I grabbed her and immediately got her back in the water.. she flipped in my hand and sorta floated down upsidedown but was still breathing. I poked her gently to get her upright.. Turned the lights off so she has quiet dark calm so she wont be so stressed...

Is there anything more I can do? I don't think she was out too long but I am unsure if she'll make it or not :( Argh argh argh!

zoomfish1
01/07/2007, 04:23 PM
I had a fish do that once. I put it in a bag of water and held it in front of a powerhead to put flow on it. It took about 5 minutes for him to swim away. Still got him and he's fine.

chrisstie
01/07/2007, 07:11 PM
I am glad your fish turned out okay!

My baby is a little slimey looking and has moved onto a rock and still breathing.. guess she needs time to recover

woodstock '69
01/07/2007, 08:03 PM
chrisstie - wow! Ever since I got a midas blennie (about a month ago) I have worried too. So I bought eggcrate and keep it on most of the time. Figured that would DEFINATELY keep it in the tank.

Guess Not.

Good luck. If she is breathing still, I bet she will be fine. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Michael