PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium Placement

zigrat88
01/07/2007, 05:13 PM
So I bought a good used 54G corner aquarium and I'm trying to figure where to put it in the house. Would there be any issue with it living in the same room as my home theater? Not sure if that would stress the fish out or not, feedback appreciated!

SaltyDr
01/07/2007, 05:16 PM
Away from any direct light, heating, cooling vents, etc. As long as it's not as loud as a rock concert, I would think you'll be OK.

Bmgrocks
01/07/2007, 05:18 PM
i'd imagine that they would adjust to any environment, Many of my tanks are in my finished basement/theatre, and i think they are just fine, the are just as active as when guests are over as they are when noone's down there. I also have some tanks in my room.

The Fish would most likely, if you have a serious home theatre, would feel the vibrations from surround sound, but if you have a strong enough flow I'd think it wouldn't bother them too much

zigrat88
01/07/2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks guys, all I needed to know. It's actually not that often that I really even turn the theater up to the point that it would even matter, maybe twice a month, maybe. But I wanted to make sure it wouldn't stress them out to much. And no direct sunlight, heating / cooling vents so it should be even better!