PDA

View Full Version : dump elec ?

Weezel111
01/08/2007, 12:18 PM
ok im like 96.41% sure i know the answer to this, but after reading a bunch of threads where i see people complaining abou thte high electrical price of metal halides, i have to ask anyways...500 watts is 500 watts no matter what right? like 500 watts of pumps, costs the same (on an electrical bill) as 500 watts of light....right? i ask because i see people complain abou the the high cost of running MH's but then they say they have 700 watts of pc or VHO or something...2 mh 250's would end up being cheaper then 700 of vho or pc, no?

MC Lighting
01/08/2007, 12:25 PM
A watt is a watt is a watt lol it does not matter what kind of light it is, I often wonder about those who claim higher tank temps with MH over the same wattage of PC's as they both are consuming the same amount of power (apples to apples wattage that is) and thereby would raise the tank temp the same unless one light is just that much more inefficient than the other? I do not know....

Weezel111
01/08/2007, 12:44 PM
ok...yeah thats what i was thinking...but i didnt say anything about temp...i was saying cost of electricity...people say "oh i cant have mh's cuz they cost too much for elec"...then they go on to say that they have 600 watts of pc or vho or something running...so its all the same...

thanks for the input...