PDA

View Full Version : powder blue w/ ich

luckydog104
01/09/2007, 08:23 PM
Today when I was at my lfs a guy was looking at buying a powder blue.The fish had ich and one of the guys that work there told the man it was normal for a powder blue to get ich after shipping and the fish looked really healthy and that they thought the ich would fall off in a day or two . Well even if the ich falls off and the guy buys it the fish will still have / carry it. So I guess what I am asking is , why would they tell the guy that knowing when he takes the fish home he will have another ich outbreak ? Does that sound like a normal lfs story ? I really like these people but that sounded like they just wanted to sell the fish period.

Randall_James
01/09/2007, 08:28 PM
Well I would be more surprised if they said, "Don't buy this fish"

The fish probably picked up the parasite at the store. Most of the wholesale importers are pretty good about keeping sanitary conditions for the fish they process into the country.

They still have to sell fish at the retail level to stay in business. If you practice good quarantine methods, you could save the fish and have a good specimen

MimicTang
01/09/2007, 08:36 PM
They need to pay those bills too.

A tang will be fine even with ich if you have a few hungry cleaners on hand. An LFS near me uses them to clean the tangs and its quite entertaining. Doubt a "smart" cleaner wouldnt be able to get the ich off a good size PBT

luckydog104
01/09/2007, 08:42 PM
Well they did offer to hold the fish untill sat for the guy , which I thought was nice , but they , the guy that was selling the fish, acted like ich was a part of saltwater fish get used to it. I wanted to tell the guy that he needed to read up on the fish and ich before he bought it but didn't want to jump in a conversation that I didn't belong in.

Ti
01/09/2007, 08:48 PM
sounds like the usual bad lfs story to me