PDA

View Full Version : help with a mushroom.....

BilleRae
01/10/2007, 11:43 AM
I purchased a single un attached myshroom last night and the guy told me to set in on a piece of live rock in the tank and it would attach.

on my first try i put in in a nice spot but the current was a bit to strong and he blew off....so i moved him to a quieter spot with a nice nook in the rock, well this am when i looked in , he had smooshed himself into hiding in this hole....

so now what so i do?

so i retrieve him or wait to see if he comes out then glue him to a small frag?

HELP!!!

- Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

B:confused:

dippin61
01/10/2007, 02:40 PM
take a little tupperware container, on the bottom put some LR rubble or sand. and put it on the bottom of your tank.

wait a few days, the shroom will have attached to the LR rubble/sand. then put glue on the sand/rubble it attached to, then glue that to a rock.

BurntOutReefer
01/10/2007, 03:01 PM
what dippin said....but if he has settelled into his hole, I would leave it there for a week or so and see how its doing......

Buster4900
01/10/2007, 03:26 PM
A toothpick through the middle of the mushroom and then stick in a rock works well. After a few days remove toothpick and should be stuck.

BilleRae
01/10/2007, 03:36 PM
thanks for all the help

I guess that i will wait a few days to see if it comes out, if not ill go retrieve it then "make it" stick to rock/rubble

any special way to use teh toothpick/placement?

thanks again
B