PDA

View Full Version : Fedex Ground, what can Brown do for you?

bubbaOPPD
01/10/2007, 07:13 PM
This is the first bad experience with Fedex I have ever had but its a whopper. I originally ordered a a Current 72" 3x250W MH and 8x39W T5's fixture from Dr. Fosters&Smith and had it shipped Fedex ground and it arrived 2 weeks ago and it came scratched and 2 bulbs were broken so I asked for a new one shipped out to me from Dr. F's which they sent no problems immediately this package was supposed to arrive Jan 3. On that date I received one of the 2 packages and the second box was unaccounted for, the next day lo and behold the package is in Atlanta Georgia which wouldn't be a problem other then the fact I live in Omaha NE...someone at Fedex was sleeping during geography class. So I called them and told them they needed to fix the problem and get the package here quickly and was told by a Fedex manager that it was being "expedited" to me and would receive it Jan 5...Jan 5 no package...told it would be Jan 6...Jan 6 no package. I called Fedex and an hour later I found out nothing since at the time Georgia must have exploded...since no one at the office would answer the call of the "Customer Advocate Team" member on Saturday. So I waited and waited, then on Tuesday Jan 9 I called Fedex again and had to wait for a phone call back from the "CAT" team which then notified me that the package was still in Georgia which must have come back from their parallel universe to answer the call. So I was lied to about the package being "expedited" to me must have slipped their minds...I was told it was going to be delivered the next day. Well it did arrive and this time they did a lot better with the second light fixture...they broke every single light bulb not 7 not 9 all 11 bulbs in a box within a box, looks like they used the package as a Pinata...Ole. Now 3 weeks after I ordered the light I still don't have a undamaged light fixture but Dr. Foster&Smith is working very hard to keep me happy its just their shipping company that is using Chimps to move packages around. Well maybe not all of them just the ones moving my lights. Oh yeah they want to make it up to me by giving me free express shipping coupons...yeah thats what I want more of the problems I have been dealing with. Woopeee makes me want to wet my pants with excitement.

tinatuom
01/10/2007, 10:35 PM
I have had problems with Fedex as well! Problem is, you can't choose with most companies when you order things so you are stuck with their unreliable deliveries! I too ordered lights from another company and fedex broke 1 of the 4 and the broken glass broke the silicone bands that hold them in place! I have also had (well, actually have a shipment for my husbands mustang) that they changed the delivery date on their online site. I don't understand how they can give you a delivery confirmation date and than sometime during shipment they change the date. I do not ship things fedex because of the problems I have had with them! Good luck getting all your light bulbs in 1 piece! LOL!
Tina

garvin90
01/10/2007, 10:45 PM
Roll with the punches steve... Seriously though when I was working at Oriental Trading Co and the Fedex lady would show up, her truck looked like a tornado hit it. But when the UPS guy arrived, albiet packed to the brim, it still looked nice and not worked over with brass knuckles.

- OT- Btw thanks for the assistance on the other forum.