PDA

View Full Version : hows this sound--120sps

STsONpERs
01/10/2007, 10:39 PM
I am planning a 120 and have been reading alot on here, Heres what i have come up with for my 120 any input wanted...even if you dislike everything.

Tank/Stand/Canopy---Tank is made by midwest aquairums with center overflow and 3 holes drilled in the bottom.(4*2*2)overflow/return/overflow. stand is AGA and canopy is custom made.

Sump---Still working on, but something along the lines of melevs model f.
http://www.melevsreef.com/acrylics/sumps/f/sump_f.html

Plumbed the way he reccommends, with a larger skimmer section.

Protein Skimmer---This is definatly something i would like ideas on...I was thinking either ER rs-135,ASM g3,i was thinking about aqua c but it is hard to fit the bigger ones under the all glass stand, octopus nw 200, or the deltec APH525(same as 600 just smaller so it will fit)....this is where i am not sure.

Return Pump----Mag 12 just so the overflow can handle it.

Flow----2*6100 tunze on controller.

Heater---500 finnex titainium on controller.

Lighting---2*250 14k hamiltons, supplemented by 4*110 watt actinics halides ran off pfo, and icecap 660 to run the VHO's.

RODI---I am not sure on this but i was thinking about the 5-stage that melev is selling on his website.

Calcium reactor will come down the road....there is alot more reading for me to do on the calcium reactors.

I have already purchased the tank/stand, so i have alot of buying to do, but this will not be up and running for around 6 months.

Sorry this is so long i just want to make sure i am doing this right the first time....Thanx for reading, and i will post pictures when i get more equipment!

Thanx again
Chris
I'm going to grab a :beer: and relax

:beer: