PDA

View Full Version : How to frag this guy?

bluemantr
01/11/2007, 01:57 AM
Hi

I have neon green mushroom it has 3 mouths. Just cut between 2 mouths?

Here is the PIC http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=196129&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

Thanks

rickyfins
01/11/2007, 02:09 AM
You really don't even need to remove it from the rock to frag it. I would just use a sharp(brand new) razor blade and cut him into sections with each section having a mouth.

Each section doesn't have to have a mouth but it is much easier for the mushroom to recover afterwards.

The sections will heal and you will then have 3 mushrooms if cut so each section has 1 mouth. Sometimes after they are cut and they heal they can crawl or move to a new location. Sometimes they will pop off the rock when you do this so keep an eye out for that type of behavior.

Good luck with your fragging. Make sure to take pics and post them in this thread. To do that just click the post reply, have the link handy like you did and there is and IMG button on the menu bar of your new post. Click that and paste it into the popup bar and then it will be visible for all to see instead of having to click a link. You need to use an account like www.photobucket.com to use this feature but it helps out in the long run! Good luck

bluemantr
01/11/2007, 10:52 AM
Thanks for info. I just want cut one small peice for my friend If that small peice has a mouth it will be ok?

Thanks again

tkeracer619
01/11/2007, 10:59 AM
yes. I have cut mushrooms into 4's accross one mouth and had them recover fully. Just give it time in your tank to heal then give it away.

bluemantr
01/11/2007, 11:02 AM
If i cut it now and just put it in to my friends tank after cut it will be ok?

tkeracer619
01/11/2007, 11:20 AM
probably but then you would not only be cutting it, but cutting it and acclimating it to a new environment. Probably not the best thing to do....... but it will probably make it. I would just wait a few days to give it away.

bluemantr
01/11/2007, 11:48 AM
Oh okay. I got your point. I was thinking other way around. Mushroom will be already stressed out with fragging i was thinking put him in to new tank so it wont get stressed again couple days later.

rickyfins
01/11/2007, 01:53 PM
I would wait until iy heals completely before moving it, or you may loose it. Usually a week or so should be fine.