PDA

View Full Version : eak.. need to repair ASM G3

MammothReefer
01/11/2007, 11:10 AM
Hit the floor last nite, and the body is cracked lost a couple pieces. I'm buying a new skimmer but would still like to use this one for ozone, so any thought on what materials i can use to patch it up?.. right now i'm using a couple pieces of a cut up yougurt cup and super glue which is holding the water fine but with a small leak.. i'm worried once i run ozone threw it.. it will melt what I believe not to be ozone safe yogurt cup

perpetual98
01/11/2007, 12:02 PM
If it's just cracks, you can try to fix it with Weldon-16. It doesn't need to be pretty, just be able to kinda hold water if it's in a sump I imagine.

Catharsis70
01/11/2007, 04:06 PM
can you post pictures of the damage?

BeanAnimal
01/11/2007, 06:27 PM
ASMs are NOT made of acrylic, they are made of extruded PVC.

PVC glue and some thin PVC sheet (McMaster.com may have it) or look for clear PVC sheet that is used for sunporches and furniture covers. Craft shops will have clear heavy PVC sheet (it is a slightly blue cast to it).

Bean

MammothReefer
01/12/2007, 01:49 AM
it's cracked and shipped I'll take a picture when my new skimmer gets here i'm afraid if i move it, my super glued yogurt cup pieces will fall off.

It basically broke around the nipple where the pump injects water into the skimmer, and there are 2-3 quarter - nickel sized pieces missing.

MammothReefer
01/12/2007, 01:50 AM
it's cracked and chipped I'll take a picture when my new skimmer gets here i'm afraid if i move it, my super glued yogurt cup pieces will fall off.

It basically broke around the nipple where the pump injects water into the skimmer, and there are 2-3 quarter - nickel sized pieces missing.