PDA

View Full Version : Pro Clear Aquatics Skimmer

rossthefishman
01/11/2007, 08:42 PM
Does anyone have any input on The Pro Clear Aquatics skimmers? Have you had them? Positive and negative comments welcome. Thanks

-Tyler

unclereefer
01/11/2007, 09:59 PM
I bought one about a year ago. It was a huge upgrade from the airstone driven skimmer that i had, but not even close to the preformance of the needlewheel skimmers available. If you don't have the money for one know, wait until you do. Right now you can get a promo EuroReef extruded acrylic RS-80 for 180.00. Do yourself a favor and wait untill you have the money, you wont regret it.

coreno16
01/11/2007, 10:42 PM
Don't get it. I had one for about a year, and just replaced it with an Octopus nw 150. The octopus was 70 dollars cheaper and it is a night and day difference. The Pro clear was made cheaply, had a crappy collection cup, didnt inject much air, and was loud. It also required consistant cleaning (every two weeks or so towards the end) of the venturi because it kept getting clogged. Save the money and buy an Octopus if you're looking to stay under $300. You will not regret it.

- Cory

rossthefishman
01/12/2007, 06:01 AM
okay, thanks. I didn't look like very good quality in the pictures, that's why i was asking. I'll check out the Octopus and Euroreef.

-TYler