PDA

View Full Version : Corals to host in?

chrisstie
01/11/2007, 11:16 PM
I just got my new pair of misbar clowns and you've been so helpful and encouraging in my other thread I can't thank you enough!

My tank is too new to even try an anemone and even at that I want to keep mixed corals and it seems like down the line an anemone may not be the best for my tank.

I was wondering if you could recommend some corals that are hardy enough for clowns to host in and how large they would need to be. I think I read you need a) a prayer and b) something 2-3x larger than the fish itself so I'd probably have to look for a big piece of something to accept both.

I know its sort of an offchance for them to do this but right now they seem to enjoy being by my powerheads and I only have small frags of things in my tank.

I was thinking along the lines of torch or frogspawn to make a nice home from them but if there is anything else out there that may be up for the task please let me know and thank you again!

DiViNeLeFT
01/12/2007, 03:04 PM
this is my clowns favorite host coral.

Clown hosting Xenia... (http://www.infoblvd.net/uriah/clown_host.mpg)

blas
01/12/2007, 05:56 PM
My percs host a hammer : )

jlynn427
01/12/2007, 08:14 PM
my clowns love my frog spawns and my frilly mushrooms. they pay my bubble tip no attention.

chrisstie
01/12/2007, 11:14 PM
I caved and got a nice sized frogspawn but no interest in it yet (only been a few hours) and I am getting some xenia anyway from a local reefer so I will keep my fingers crossed and update with pics if they decide to make a home out of anything :)