PDA

View Full Version : kenya tree question

m3nac3
01/12/2007, 02:26 PM
My turbo snail knocked my kenya tree off the rock the 2 nights ago. I woke up that morning and it was partially under my anenome. i put him back up on the rock but it hasnt opened up since.

Could the anenome have killed the kenya tree? should i be worried?

thanks

nycbrose
01/12/2007, 05:45 PM
This is bad news... but don't be desperate. The kenya tree is a very hardy coral and the further you get into the hobby, or marine biology for that matter, the more you will realize that the will to live is oftentimes much stronger than the environments given to the livestock. You should place him well away from the anemone and other corals, isolate him to a peaceful area of the tank where current and lighting is not very strong. You should also attach the coral firmly to the rock using super glue gel or epoxy, so that this does not happen again.

Survivability will largely depend on its healthy before it was knocked over and how large/mature it is.

Hop
01/12/2007, 05:49 PM
You can't glue a kenya tree:) They are slippery and glue doesn't stick to it... You can glue hard corals...

You can thread it to the rock until it grows to it, or place it in a box or cup, resting on top of a rock where it won't get disturbed for a few weeks and let it attach it self... Then epoxy that rock in place:D