PDA

View Full Version : glass in tank????

oxkisses12ox
01/12/2007, 05:25 PM
i just got a QT tank and my fish have been in it for about 2 days and i couldnt put liverock or anything in it because i put copper based medication in the water so they would get cured from ick. i want to put a glass (cup) or something in the water so they have something to hide around and stuff... can i do that??

mrferrit
01/12/2007, 05:31 PM
i dont see a problem with it i used to have a glass block in my tank the fish and stuff would hide out in also you could put pieces of PVC in there they can hide out in as well . if its glass id say just not painted glass anything else should be fine givin the tank is made of glass or acrylic .
good luck hope the ick clears up for you

Randall_James
01/12/2007, 05:45 PM
hunks of pvc pipe and fittings work really well and are easy to clean

AndyB4784
01/12/2007, 05:50 PM
what else does your QT tank consist of. You do have some sort of Biological filtration right (bio wheel perhaps)? Don't ever use LR in QT tanks if you intend on using the LR in the Display tank or sump.

oxkisses12ox
01/12/2007, 06:00 PM
umm i have a nano filter... i only have two fish in there... two very small clowns.... the QT tank it only 2 1/2 gallons which is PLENTY for them because they are small and there is a lot of swim space...

HBtank
01/12/2007, 06:04 PM
Use a clean plastic cup, sure. Anything plastic really, if clean.

GLass would be ok, but anything see through would probably not make the fish as secure.

musty baby
01/12/2007, 06:05 PM
Any clean piece of glass should be just fine to go in the tank. PVC will also work well, as well as pieces of acrylic tubing or sheets.

Hop
01/12/2007, 06:09 PM
Did you treat the tank because they had ich, or because it was a preventative measure?

oxkisses12ox
01/12/2007, 06:11 PM
because they have ick... well one of them does.. and the other one i just want to prevent from getting ick

Randall_James
01/13/2007, 10:21 AM
I would stay on top of the water quality as well. At 2.5 gallons it can go south really fast. Keep in mind also that the tank must cycle and if you have fish in it, the ammonia could get fatal pretty quickly.

If the ammonia starts to climb, just replace water in your qt tank with water from your display (dump the qt water down the drain)

Hope your fish do well :)