PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner Shrimp co-existing with Peppermint Shrimp

Eric55
01/13/2007, 11:11 AM
Will these 2 varieties get along in the same tank or am I asking for trouble?

I currently have 6 peppermint shrimp in a 30 gallon Nano and I am thinking of adding 2 cleaner shrimp.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Eric

monicaswizzle
01/13/2007, 11:22 AM
Eric--

I can only speak from my experience. I had three peppermint shrimp in my 75 gallon and added 4 cleaner shrimp about three weeks ago. They "fight" over food some (the cleaners usually dominate), but other than that I haven't had a problem. Not sure about a 30 gallon, that might make for more issues.

dippin61
01/13/2007, 03:57 PM
ive never had a problem.

the skunk will find a little spot to call his "own". and will generally stay near it. occasionally cruising the rocks during the day.

the pep's however, will find a good hiding spot/cave, and hover, and tend to only get away from it at food time, or when lights are out.

so you tend to not have turf wars, but when food hits the tank, its a fish eat fish world

davocean
01/13/2007, 04:13 PM
My pep and cleaner get along no prob.
Now pep and snails/corals, another story, he's a booger.
Try's to steal from my nems too.
Wouldn't be too bummed if my nems got a bonus snack out of him!

scrmbld33
01/13/2007, 05:42 PM
i have a cleaner a blood and a pep no probs at all

IPowderBlueTang
01/13/2007, 05:50 PM
Same here I have 2 bloods, 2 cleaners and 4 peps in my 120 gal and everyone have their piece of territory in the tank and get along.

chrisstie
01/13/2007, 06:43 PM
They should be fine. I have a cleaner\sexy in a 12g and in my 55g i have 2 cleaners, 1 blood, 1 pep that actually does indeed eat aiptasia and all are happy campers.. my peppermint shrimp is actually kind of friendly too! He'll come out and take food from my hand and isnt quite as shy as they are reported to be