PDA

View Full Version : Premium Aquatics

JokerGirl
01/13/2007, 04:29 PM
Premium Aquatics is moving to a different location, and was selling off all their livestock for amazing prices!! It's a shame my tank is so new or I would've gone hog wild in there. :) :) :)

All their SPS frags were $15, Anemones were $19 (there was a really nice carpet one there), Mushrooms $10, Soft/Leathers $5-$10, and their LPS were from $10-$40.

One lady in there got an awesome deal on a GORGEOUS lionfish for only $15.

I ended up coming home with a large Cynarina, about 5" across, for $20. It's still kinda smushed up from bringing it home, so I'll have to take photos in a day or so when it opens up completely.

drummereef
01/13/2007, 04:39 PM
Man, I wish I would have known. Are they moving to a larger building? Premium Aquatics is a great company.

JokerGirl
01/13/2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah they're moving to the southeast side of indy from their now east side location. If you could only see the place they're in now. On Saturday are their walkin hours, and if you want something you sign your name on a sheet. There's normally a 20 person wait and it's so clausterphobic that you usually can't stand being there much more than 20 minutes. I waited about an hour today and was one of the first people to get there.

Just wish my tank wasn't so new :( One guy there bought at least 10 SPS frags. It was nuts!!

JokerGirl
01/13/2007, 08:36 PM
I had a couple of large Mysis shrimp leftover from feeding my Sun coral and figured I'd see if the Cynarina was hungry.

Here's a couple decent shots of it eating.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9756/img1464bn8.jpg

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/755/img1463mr8.jpg

drummereef
01/13/2007, 08:42 PM
Cool shots! I've never been there even though I've been through Indy a million times. Next time I'm up there it will be on the to-do list for sure.

JokerGirl
01/13/2007, 08:53 PM
For sure! There's another nice place just a bit south of the Keystone mall called The Abyss that gets some beautiful corals as well for good prices.

ReeferAl
01/14/2007, 12:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8975042#post8975042 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JokerGirl
There's another nice place just a bit south of the Keystone mall called The Abyss that gets some beautiful corals as well for good prices.

That's a change. When we lived there 5 yrs ago their prices were never what I would call good. They did have some cool stuff though. It's the only place I've ever seen shrimp-goby pairs being sold together. They had 5 or 6 of them.

Are they still mostly commercial install and maintenance? I think that was their main business back when we lived there.

Allen

JokerGirl
01/14/2007, 01:01 PM
I don't believe so, but then again I didn't ask either time we were there. My boyfriend and I found that place by chance while at Borders looking at some books. A guy in there looking at reef books was telling us about it so we checked it out since it wasn't too far away.

The prices seemed to be pretty fair when we were in there. They don't really have much else in their store other than livestock.

JokerGirl
01/14/2007, 01:10 PM
On the plus side, my new guy has perked up quite a bit since yesterday!

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/787/img1475of7.jpg

cwegescheide
01/14/2007, 01:15 PM
The Abyss was pretty high I thought. The guy (Paul I think) seemed to be pretty good and pretty particular about healthy fish and stuff so you get what you pay for.