PDA

View Full Version : Kent R/O D/I filter (MAX35HiS)

Slingshot
01/13/2007, 07:40 PM
I hooked up this filter today to prepare for filling my tank. After appx. 4-5 hours I only had about 1gal. of filtered water and I also noticed that the waste line was producing a steady stream of water while the filtered line was only dripping out. Is this nornal?

Thanks,
Dave

davocean
01/13/2007, 07:53 PM
That's what mine is doing as well.
Low pressure.
Mine says colder water makes it worse.
Don't add hot though.
I'm going to try mine in the day and see if it's any better, but it was butt cheeking cold here today so I don't know if it will make much difference.
Some rec a pressurised tank for more pressure/more flow.

Slingshot
01/13/2007, 08:06 PM
It's cold here as well. I ordered the Deluxe version so that I would've been able to see how much pressure I had but the wrong unit came in. I didn't feel like waiting for another week to get going so I bought this unit. I know my water pressure is lower than most but I'm just not sure. I will pick up a gauge and hook it up tomorrow. I was thinking that the 2 hoses to the white horizontal canister could've gotten swapped and that my waste water is the water that I should be saving. Doubt it, but anything is possible. Let me know which connection your orange tube is connected to. I am at work right now and will return in a few minutes.

Thanks,
Dave

davocean
01/13/2007, 08:31 PM
I was just reading another thread that suggested a booster pump if pressure is below 60.
I'm kinda trippin on how slow mine is as well, and mine is supposed to be 75gpd

Slingshot
01/13/2007, 09:49 PM
Are you using a Kent R/O D/I???

davocean
01/13/2007, 10:14 PM
No, mine is filterguys, but I'm seeing the same thing here and on other people's posts.
Basically a low pressure problem coupled with colder than usual weather/water.
Steady waste stream and trickling good water.

Slingshot
01/14/2007, 12:36 AM
Well, I guess I can forget about filling my tank in a couple of days. It's going to take 7-10 days at this rate, if I'm lucky...

AZDesertRat
01/14/2007, 09:49 AM
Water temperature and water pressure affect RO :
http://www.dow.com/PublishedLiterature/dh_0558/09002f1380558292.pdf?filepath=liquidseps/pdfs/noreg/609-09010.pdf&fromPage=GetDoc

Which membrane did you get, I believe Kent only has two and they are both low producers, 30 GPD and 60 GPD? If you have cold water you would be better off with a Dow Filmtec 75 GPD membrane or even a dual membrane setup. Have you timed the waste ratio? With cold water you usually exceed 4:1 so its a good idea to either have an adjustable flow restrictor or better yet two capillary restrictors, one for summer and one for winter. Higher waste means lower production.

AD91158
01/14/2007, 10:22 AM
Is the RO membrane and/or ro unit new? If so it takes awhile for the membrane to hydrate and come up to full efficency. If I remember ocrrrectly it took about 20 gallons for my new maxxima hi-s 60 gpd to start putting out a decent amopunt of product water.