PDA

View Full Version : Need help with ailing LPS/SPS

jumpincactus
01/14/2007, 07:10 PM
For about a week now I have been a little worried about my corals. I will to save space will share that as far as reefs go my water parameters are perfect according to reef guidlines.

The reason I am concerned is I have both a torch and a frogspwan coral that have been thriving in my tank. For the past week neither of them is getting fully inflated like they are accustomed to. to further confuse me I have two monti caps that have been vibrant. One was a dark green with purple rim and the other was a flourescent morphed green. Both are fading in color and intensity.

There are also two other SPS,acro's that seem to be lightening/bleaching out. Nothing has changed in lighting filtration/skimming, additive etc.

Again the water is pristine by reef standards.

Has anyone ever experienced this happening in thier tank? Did it clear up on its own. Did you lose the livestock? What did you use as a solution or did it just clear up on it's own?

Any input or insight will be appreciated.

jumpincactus
01/14/2007, 07:29 PM
No takers??? input............

usmcsgt
01/14/2007, 07:40 PM
what kind of lighting and how old are the bulbs

jumpincactus
01/14/2007, 09:55 PM
2-250 watt 14k and 4 vho blue actinics..Although they have been up and running 1 month. I changed them last month

drummereef
01/14/2007, 09:58 PM
I'm guessing light shock. Did you shade the tank and acclimate it to the new bulbs?