PDA

View Full Version : Can I move a mushroom?

Janis2007
01/15/2007, 05:35 PM
Hi, new to the hobby and I have a small piece of live rock that has a zillion bubble algae. I have tried emeral crabs..didn't eat it. I would like to remove the rock completely, but it has a mushroom on it. Can I relocate the mushroom? If so, does anybody know how? Thanks!! Janis

BurntOutReefer
01/15/2007, 05:47 PM
cut the shroom off as close to the base as you can.....it'll shrivel up for a couple of days....but then it'll attache to some rubble....
maybe put some rubble in a small plastic container (put in tank)...put shroom in there so it doesn't float around in your tank due to water flow.....put container in low-flow area....

kass03
01/15/2007, 05:50 PM
Or you can grind off a small part of the rock with the shroom (I use a bone cutter but a scissors will work) and then superglue it to another rock.
It will stick to the rock cuz you left a bit of rock on it. It also is'nt as hard on the shroom as cutting it off but either will work.

kass

Janis2007
01/15/2007, 08:07 PM
thanks for the help!!!

Reet15
01/15/2007, 09:36 PM
Try putting a piece of ice on the base of the shroom - might lift itself off the rock - works for clams.

drummereef
01/15/2007, 10:27 PM
I would just frag it by chiseling underneath the foot to get it off the rock. Be sure to get a little piece of the rock with the shroom when you do it. Then you can superglue the frag to a new rock. Very simple to do. Make sure of course you do this outside the tank. :)

masterqaz
01/15/2007, 10:39 PM
put a rock next to it that you can remove and point a powerhead at it so that it is pushing it into the direction of the removable rubble rock and give it some time. it may attach to the other rock to get out of the way of the water flow or it'll detatch itself.