PDA

View Full Version : thought Is share.. its a mystery to me, but my nem wants new tenicles

TOURKID
01/16/2007, 04:01 PM
my nem was 'giving me problems' a few weeks ago buy twisting off its tenicles at the base then lil ones would grow in theyre place.

well i havent seen any more strange behavior until today!

check this out. It grew a new pink tip out of the side of its tenicle, and is now twisting off the old upper portion.

I looked about and theres other tenicles that have tip growing out of the sides of them.

I guess they'll always b a mystery :)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/TOURKID/DSCF2156.jpg

The darker 'weird' tenicle hanging off the side is the one thats about to fall off

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/TOURKID/DSCF2150.jpg

raoul
01/16/2007, 04:45 PM
That's weird. ;)

Were you ever able to figure out what was going on? It's too bad you can't get another nem from a tentacle :) You'd have a whole tank full!

MJI
01/16/2007, 04:56 PM
Starting to wonder if this is a way to shed damaged tentacles??

55semireef
01/16/2007, 05:06 PM
I was thinking it had some sort of mutation or disease.

55semireef
01/16/2007, 05:07 PM
3000 posts!!!

TOURKID
01/16/2007, 05:52 PM
Maybe a mutation, but id go with - a way to get rid of damnaged tenicles since it did get stuck to my skimmer intake and a tunze (skimmer was protected with screen, tunze took off two tenicles)

and no i cant explained why it walked it was in 1 spot for 8 months and all perimeters are the same as ever.

before it split in august it was making double tipped tenicles and branching them off. I got a weird one i guess... suits me. lol

55semireef
01/16/2007, 06:06 PM
You should try another anemone.:D

nano7joy
01/16/2007, 06:13 PM
Ive seen this before in a clients tank with his LTA did it on a regular basis would reach in to the over flow and kinda sprain its tentacles but seemed to be able to stop after one or to got bent. Was a very animal healthy and fat ate krill well and was fed by clown its guiet shocking first time u see it happen tho ...

TOURKID
01/16/2007, 07:43 PM
i def dont need another nem. im quite attached thank you :p

Ill have had it for almost a year soon, and its definately finiky lately. but its still eating very well and is quite healthy. i saw a tenicale before the lights went off that had 5 new tips growing out of one big fat tenicle, all stubs had pink tips