PDA

View Full Version : Right Forum???

Mental1
01/16/2007, 05:02 PM
I was thinking about how to make life easier and less crowded so I had the following idea. At the moment my ro/di is attached to the shower in the downstairs bathroom which also houses 2 32 gallon brutes on wheels - crowded and shower useless except for making ro/di water! Next to my tank in the living room are two 5 gallon buckets -- 1 for top off, the other for skimmate. Crowded and at times stinky. So I thought about sending it all down into the basement where there is a floor drain which I think goes out back and not into the septic so let my skimmate drain out that way. Then get my husband to plumb my ro/di unit in downstairs and use my two big barrels for topoff -- one with fresh water and one with salt water. I could do a water change by simply turning the air up on my skimmer and attaching in the salt water barrel to the topoff. So my question is this -- that would slowly put in new water and it would be going into the same chamber in my sump as my skimmer. Would this work okay? Obviously I have to buy a much more powerful topoff pump but I am wondering if this is an okay way to do a water change.