PDA

View Full Version : pre-swap test run: got a spare softie?

Mountain_Nerd
01/17/2007, 02:04 PM
I'm getting pretty excited about the frag swap since I've been FOWLR for about 18 months now, but before I spend a bunch at the swap (I think it might be hard not to...), I was wondering if anyone had a cheap softie they could sell me so I could give corals a try. I'd like to start with some "easy" softies (mushrooms, zoas, gsp, and/or xenia -- anything really... it doesn't need to be "nice"). I have 260 watts of PC over a 55 gal., which pretty much limits what I can keep anyway.

Anyone in the Rockford area willing to part with a sacrificial frag for a few bucks?

Thanks,
Chris

RobTop
01/17/2007, 02:42 PM
I'm free most of the day Thursady and Friday
I can set you up with some shroom, gsp, zoas.
My shroom frag tank is a 55 with 192 watts of pc, so they will be quite happy in yours, gsp are very forgiving and will work almost anywere. As for zoas, they are easy to keep, but lighting plays a big role in what thier color will come out as. I have found it very hard to tell what more/less lighting will do to it. I have had some look 10000x better under 400watt MH, and others look best under pc. I would suggest staying away from some of the pricer zoas untill you are addicted to the coral side of the hobby.

Mountain_Nerd
01/18/2007, 11:22 AM
RobTop... you've got PM...