PDA

View Full Version : popeye and skimming question?

namsupak
01/17/2007, 10:48 PM
I think my wrasse has popeye, it appeared to me to be a unilateral abrasion on the right eye, however he swam to his usual hiding spot and I can only get a look at the clear left eye and I dont think stressing him out just so I could look at the eye would be good. I currently run a DOC 9010 in-sump on my 90 gal and I also have a CPR HOB refugium with a skimmer that is skimming as well. I raised temp to about 79. I have been doing constant checks on the water and am getting

Nitrate = 0
Nitrite = 0
Ammonia = 0
PH 8.0-8.2 (the color in the tube is somewhere in between)
Temp - 79 (I have been contemplating raising to 82)
Salinity - 1.022 (slowly lowering this over the past day with water changed).

Besides what I am doing should I add another skimmer?, or maybe a add a canister filter temporarily for additional filtration? As for the other live stock in there are a 2 tangs and a clam and several corals, so I am pretty much against adding chemicals to the water for fear of losing the other livestock. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Hattie B
01/18/2007, 12:30 PM
I would not add any chemicals to the water either.

Popeye should clear up by itslef with good water quality as long as its not so severe that a seondary infection develops.

namsupak
01/18/2007, 04:44 PM
I agree I don't plan on chemicals I just wondered would it be worthwhile to stick a third skimmer on or maybe even a canister filter?