PDA

View Full Version : Wanting information about a doughnut.

MoonInTn
01/20/2007, 12:03 AM
Hello everybody. Was able to get a doughnut a few days ago and was wanting to know just how much light and flow these guys like. When we first got it, it was swollen up huge the first day, and stayed that way for the next couple of days. Ate like it was it's last meal too!!! But now for the past day or two, it hasn't swollen up quite as big as it did, and it's feeder tentacle aren't out at night. Just wondering if it was just full and was taking time to digest? Or, if after it's gotten fully acclimated to the tank, it doesn't like where it's sitting? The power heads had gotten out of place and thought that maybe it didn't like the flow going over/around it now. If someone has one, could you tell us what is working for yours? Thanks!!!

Also, if you wanted to know what it looked like for the first couple of days, I've posted pics of it during the day, and at night in my gallery.

gosaints
01/21/2007, 09:23 AM
they do not like fast water flow. but wil live through just about any thing. i've gotten 2 different ones from lfs that were in bad condition(bones sticking through skin) when i got them. they are coming back and looking much better.