PDA

View Full Version : osmolater kalk dispenser

jag1979
01/20/2007, 12:16 AM
I just received my kalk dispenser, I am still waiting on my osmolater so I have it hooked up to a parestalic pump...should this work ok, it seems to be working well?

What is the maximum amount of calcium hydroxide I can put in this? at one time

jag1979
01/20/2007, 12:17 AM
also will it leak? I want to leave it outside my sump

rvitko
01/20/2007, 09:29 AM
It will leak and it is designed to go inside the bucket that holds your top off water. Kalk hardens the hoses and in time they start to leak and or may pop off.

jvlz73
01/23/2007, 06:03 PM
Roger: didn't want to start a new thread since my problem is also with the calcium dispenser. I just received it today, put it all together and I think my check valve is defective. I installed it in the correct direction (clear side towards the metering pump, black side towards the calcium dispenser).
What's happening is that almost everytime the metering pump comes on, it forces the spring to collapse and thus plug the line. Do I need the check valve? Do I have this installed correctly? How do I get a replacement check valve?

rvitko
01/24/2007, 10:18 AM
I am not clear on what is happeneing, the water pressure should compress the spring and water should flow around. Is the calcium Dispenser full, it can take sometime for it to fill with water and purge all the air out of the line. Make sure the line is not touching the water surface and that you are pumping up hill to the aquarium and not downhill to a sump. It sounds like the pressure on both sides of the check valve might be equal for some reason I mentioned above.

jvlz73
01/24/2007, 09:22 PM
thanks Roger for your quick reponse,

what seems to be happening is that the spring is compressing so much that it's shutting the water flow off completely. my output from the top of the dispenser is run to the aquarium and the dispenser is installed in my reservoir bucket just as described in the installation guide.

i had a spare check valve (not by Tunze) and replaced the one that came with the calcium dispenser and it works now. this leads me to believe that the check valve that came with the calcium dispenser may be defective. if this is the case, how do i get a new one?

rvitko
01/25/2007, 10:08 AM
I can send one. PM me your address.