PDA

View Full Version : Best Ro/Di system ever.................

jdoenumber2
01/20/2007, 12:21 AM
Link (http://www.zerowater.com/index.html)

jdoenumber2
01/20/2007, 12:22 AM
Saw it on an infomercial. LOL wonder if it actually works.

AZDesertRat
01/20/2007, 06:58 PM
Its a drinking water system no different than a Brita or Pur. It is not an RO/DI nor is it a substitute for one. It makes good tasting water not 0 TDS water which are two very different things.

lovethereefer
01/20/2007, 07:06 PM
www.buckeyefieldsupply.com has the best RO systems. Great value, great service and the real deal

Beenalongtime79
01/20/2007, 07:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9031548#post9031548 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AZDesertRat
Its a drinking water system no different than a Brita or Pur. It is not an RO/DI nor is it a substitute for one. It makes good tasting water not 0 TDS water which are two very different things.

Have you used one azdesertrat? I don't want to start an argument, but it does state that it produces a TDS of 0, so it seems like the cartridges they are selling must have DI resins and maybe some GAC in them for taste... mileage from these cartridges depends largely on the TDS of your water. The higher the TDS, the less likely you are to reach 0 TDS before it exits the filter.

I'm just saying because they do provide you with what is essentially a TDS meter which is supposed to measure zero after leaving the filter.

Brita and Pur have some resins and a lot of GAC, so they do a similar job but they definitely don't produce 0 TDS water. Their purpose is to remove those VOC and chlorine that lend a funky taste to your water.

With that said, this system is for drinking water only and is a waste of your money if you are using it to try to make water for your tank as any RO/DI will put out a lot more O ppm TDS water for a lot less money.

Peace,
John

AZDesertRat
01/20/2007, 10:17 PM
You cannot pass water through a device which does not filter at the molecule level and magically get 0 TDS and "Pure" water. Even if it contains resins there are plenty of things that are not electrically conductive and therefore not captured by DI resin. Same goes for carbon, and for that matter for RO, it takes the combination of all three proceses to get pure water.

drummereef
01/20/2007, 10:20 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9026848#post9026848 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jdoenumber2
Link (http://www.zerowater.com/index.html)

The best plant watering system ever!!!

Beenalongtime79
01/21/2007, 02:54 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9033021#post9033021 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AZDesertRat
You cannot pass water through a device which does not filter at the molecule level and magically get 0 TDS and "Pure" water. Even if it contains resins there are plenty of things that are not electrically conductive and therefore not captured by DI resin. Same goes for carbon, and for that matter for RO, it takes the combination of all three proceses to get pure water.

I disagree and agree at the same time. It's really an issue of semantics. I've seen "0 TDS" water (measured with a cheap Hanna TDS meter) come out of purely pre-sediment filter, GAC/carbon block and DI resin based systems. So, I think it is totally possible what they are claiming. Now, I do agree that TDS encompasses electrically non-conductive elements, but those handheld meters can't test for those things so their claim of "0 TDS" water is possible.

It's a semantic issue. It can probably produce "0 TDS" water when taking a lenient interpretation of the definition (0 TDS by a cheap TDS meter measuring only the conductive properties of the effluent). However I agree, TRUE 0 TDS can only be produced with the addition of RO.

Respectfully,
John

AZDesertRat
01/21/2007, 03:01 PM
Keep in mind TDS meter accuracy in most cases is 2% of full scale or possibly of by as much as 20 TDS. I rely on an HM Digital COM-100 meter calibrated for low scale readings with the Myron L 442 solutions so I have faith in its accuracy. TDS is the best method we have for testing at the hobbyist level. I am lucky enough to have labs at my disposal as I assume you do but most people don't so TDS it is.