PDA

View Full Version : Can I add more livestock to an order that has already been submitted?

Kennyboy1984
01/20/2007, 07:17 PM
Hi. Just ordered something from you guys. I won't get it until this tuesday. Between now and the time it ships can I email or call you guys if I need to add more livestock to the same box/order without having to submit another separate order and pay shipping again?

Thanks!

aquaticvet1
01/20/2007, 07:40 PM
Hello Kennyboy,
If we have already processed the order we will place a separate order and delete the shipping charges. Please contact the service agents and let them know that we have communicated about this.
Thank you for choosing us as your livestock source, I really appreciate it.

Race Foster LiveAquaria.com

dfs/la2
01/20/2007, 08:01 PM
Kennyboy1984

Thank you for your post. If you could please contact us at 1-800-334-3699 or PM us with your order information we will see how we can further assist you.

Sincerely,

Gwen S.
Drs. Foster and Smith
LiveAquaria

vijaym85
01/20/2007, 09:56 PM
I called about this very thing yesterday for a order coming on tuesday and was told NO over the phone....

vijaym85
01/20/2007, 10:09 PM
I made a thread abou this as well
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1004077

aquaticvet1
01/21/2007, 07:58 AM
It is not standard practice for any company to allow adding on to orders once they are processed. It is virtually impossible to retrieve an order that is already being routed. I know that seems strange but in our case we have over 10,000 orders in the system at any one time, most of which have to leave our shipping facilities within 12 hours. If someone calls,( within minutes to hours ) of placing an order we attempt to work with them on the shipping fees and simply place another "ship for free" order into the system. If another order is place hours to days later then it is usually treated as a new order. It is also impossible to hold orders as they all need to be put into the system for the specified delivery date. To do differently creates errors and nondeliveries.
No real policies or procedures at our place ( I dislike those terms ) as we try and be as human as possible and work for our customers. With 210 customer service agents we let them make the decisions rather than work from a script. This creates some judgement calls which generally work well for the customer, but at times can be less than uniform.

I appreciate all of your comments and please feel free to contact us if we can be of help. You guys are the best !

Thank you, Race Foster

Kennyboy1984
01/21/2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks so much for accomodating my request. I know it's an inconvenience for you guys and I really appreciate it! Who needs a local fish shop when you have live aquaria :)