PDA

View Full Version : Cheap but good ? is there anything like this in this hobby ? I'm looking for ......

j007dreamer
01/22/2007, 09:45 AM
I'm looking for a digital pH meter but i dont have much money to spend can anyone tell me where to get a cheaper one but one that is still good ?

this hobby cost so much money it is crazy

serpentman
01/22/2007, 09:48 AM
Try the used goods forum. You can usually pick one up for relatively cheap. Its the probe that typically costs the most.

Go with Pinpoint or Milwaukee. I would stay away from knock-off imports on ebay as I have no idea how reliable they are.

akrimmel
01/22/2007, 10:44 AM
just remember that cheapest isn't aways the best so if money is a issue try to buy used here on the provided forums.

michaeldaly
01/22/2007, 11:09 AM
Hanna make some decent pH meters

MCary
01/22/2007, 11:28 AM
Digital meters only cost $50-60. I'm tempted to say, if that's alot of money to you, your in the wrong hobby. But a more constructive comment would be, if you need to save money, pH is quick and easy to test for and pretty accutate with indicators. You might want to stick with paper dipsticks, litmus paper or a cheap pH liquid test kit.

pH meters are nice, but they only really come into their own when attached to a controller.

Mike