PDA

View Full Version : Feeding my GBTA

Willie_6
01/22/2007, 11:16 AM
Looking for some tips on feeding my GBTA. He is in a tough spot to get to on the back of my LR. So I am thinking of a turkey baster or something like that. I want to get him something, because he has not been all inflated for a couple of weeks now. I want to give him a boost. Any ideas?

zoomfish1
01/22/2007, 11:20 AM
Turkey baster will work. Either mysis shrimp, or small pieces of raw shrimp and shoot it to him.

Willie_6
01/22/2007, 02:18 PM
At the risk of sounding stupid-How do I do it? Put one cube in with some ro/di water and make sure it breaks up real well and squirt it into him. I assume the end of the baster is large enough for the bits of mysis to flow through?

RokleM
01/22/2007, 03:55 PM
I put a chunk of mysis, my additives (Selcon, VitaChem, etc), and a small amount of tank water into a small cup. I let it sit for a bit, swirling every once in a while to mix. I then drain the liquids, add a little tank water, suck up with the baster, and gently shoot it in the anemone's direction.

Willie_6
01/22/2007, 09:30 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9046390#post9046390 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RokleM
I put a chunk of mysis, my additives (Selcon, VitaChem, etc), and a small amount of tank water into a small cup. I let it sit for a bit, swirling every once in a while to mix. I then drain the liquids, add a little tank water, suck up with the baster, and gently shoot it in the anemone's direction.

Good point about being gentle. I think I shot it a little too hard. I am having the hardest time just reaching him. Does the selcon, vitachem do them a lot of good?

RokleM
01/23/2007, 08:57 AM
Not sure if there is any official study, but it's vitamins, fat, and such that most fish in our aquariums can use. If the fish use it and take it in, and anemone's eat fish and such in the wild, then as far as I can tell it's a good idea and we're just skipping the middleman :)

RedEyeElf
01/23/2007, 08:24 PM
I do the same half the time

the rest of the time I use a "eel feeding stick" a long skinny piece of clear acrylic, to drop a piece of silverside into my bta

Crypsis
01/28/2007, 01:44 PM
Just don't feed anything biger than a quarter inch or the anemone might not be able to digest it. Check out this guys tank too cool. Its a ways down.
http://www.reefland.com/forum/reef-aquariums/16724-bubble-tip-anemone.html
Sorry for posting another forum not sure about the rules on this but you gotta see this.

Willie_6
01/29/2007, 08:57 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9097085#post9097085 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by merlin_451
Just don't feed anything biger than a quarter inch or the anemone might not be able to digest it. Check out this guys tank too cool. Its a ways down.
http://www.reefland.com/forum/reef-aquariums/16724-bubble-tip-anemone.html
Sorry for posting another forum not sure about the rules on this but you gotta see this.

I like my bta, but not that much. I can't believe he can not find enough people to give his clones away. I see people post them on here when they want to get rid of them and they go right away.